What is this Challenge all about?
Police Scotland is committed to keeping everyone in Scotland's diverse communities safe. We are developing a strategy setting out what we will do, and how we will do it, to respond to violence against women and girls. The strategy will contribute to our mission, keeping people safe.
We want to work with the people of Scotland to identify what will make a difference and play our part in wider societal efforts to make Scotland a safe place for everyone. We are not seeking to exclude men, but we recognise that women and girls are disproportionately affected by particular forms of violence that they experience because they are women and girls.
Police Scotland develops strategies to guide our work to improve the safety and wellbeing of people, places and communities.
Watch the video
In this video, Assistant Chief Constable Bex Smith introduces this work and why it is important for us hear your ideas.
How can we all, as individuals and collectively, ensure Scotland is a safe place for women and girls? What do you think Police Scotland can do?
We want our strategy to make a difference. We are inviting you to share ideas about what Police Scotland can do within and with Scotland's communities to end violence against women and girls. The following questions might help you think about your own ideas.
You do not need to answer these questions directly, they are here to get you thinking about your ideas:
- How can Police Scotland make a difference?
- How can you and your community work together to make a difference?
- What is needed for a society and culture where women and girls live free from all forms of violence, abuse, exploitation and harassment?
- You may like to look at some of the ideas we have initiated or existing ideas with the highest rating or most comments
- Have a read through other’s ideas on here before contributing your own as it might be that your ideas have been covered
- Register to leave a comment and rate other’s ideas
- If you think a good idea is missing, click 'Add Idea' to submit it; we're keen to hear many new ideas.
- If you need emotional support please contact a support service.
What happens after I post?
- Ideas and comments will be published as soon as possible – we’re moderating daily from 9am-6pm but there may be a delay at busier times or at the weekend
- Posts that duplicate existing ideas will be locked to keep the conversation in one place as much as possible
- Posts that are off-topic or don’t meet our moderation policy will not be published
- Please note that we can’t reply to posts or answer any questions.
Police Scotland's insight and engagement team will analyse and review all ideas and comments and prepare a report which will be made available on this website. Ideas will be used to understand what individuals and communities think is important for us to consider in our new strategy. We cannot guarantee that ideas will be acted upon, but they will help us identify what the people of Scotland believe is important for the future; so thank you!
You may also want to have your say by:
- Take our Your Police survey to share your views about policing in your local area.
We expect a high level of engagement and request that you are patient and try again later if the site becomes slow or temporarily unavailable.
British Sign Language (BSL) translation is presented below.
An easy read version is available by emailing email@example.com.