Prevention and early intervention
Support prevention and early intervention mechanisms
- Introduce VAWG into the school curriculum and work with partners to develop lessons/materials for students.
- Listen to young people and their experiences, needs and concerns around violence against women and girls.
- Educate children and young people on the different types of violence, what a healthy relationship should look like, the importance of consent, and how to identify/report harmful attitudes and behaviours.
- Explore early intervention mechanisms with partners which promote the sharing of resources, information and intelligence to safeguard victims and identify perpetrators.
- Introduce more campaign work to educate, raise awareness of VAWG and change societal attitudes.
Why the contribution is important
This idea is from a stakeholder seminar hosted recently by Police Scotland and key partners. It relates to suggested Outcome 2 - Preventing harm
by InsightEngagement_PoliceScotland on September 22, 2022 at 01:55PM