Wellbeing sessions through art
Summary of idea
Caithness KLICS support Young Carers in Caithness and although we support Young Carers weekly through after school groups and holiday run activities, we would like to collaborate with Lisa Weller a local artist and wellbeing coach, delivering fun art activities with our Young Carers over the winter months, running 3 sessions in Thurso and 3 sessions in Wick, along with an art project over the Christmas Holidays where we will hold a mini exhibition to show of the children's creations. We aim to link in with around 50 children and issue packs to around 80 young carers. The activities will take part over the winter months to encourage the children to engage in the evening.
£3,000 (the total amount available for all ideas is £32,000)
Name of organisation
Where this will take place
Wick & Thurso
Why the contribution is important
Each application for this fund is to meet the criteria set out by the project Steering Group. More information about the project and the Steering Group is available here.
The idea will support the following broad theme(s) to make a difference locally:
- Safety and wellbeing - including mental health: Making sure that everyone in Caithness has the chance to lead safe, healthy, active lives.
- Poverty and inequality - including tackling cost of living, fuel poverty and transport: Reduce the harms caused by poverty and inequality, and improve dignity for anyone experiencing poverty.
How to vote
- Anyone can vote on as many or few ideas as they like
- We are using stars to cast votes and you have a maximum of five stars for each idea
- The more stars you give an idea, the more you support it
- For example, if you really like an idea and want it to receive funding, you could give it five stars
- You don't have to vote for everything but we would encourage you to explore all ideas
- The ideas that receive the most votes will be successful until all of the £32,000 is spent.
by InsightEngagement_PoliceScotland on November 09, 2022 at 12:27PM