Wellbeing Coaching Initiative
Summary of idea
A successful funding application will activate the idea of the Wellbeing Coaching Initiative, to bring together users in the South East of Caithness to experience and benefit from a collection of wellbeing offerings depending on accessed levels of needs. A pre-session questionnaire will be given to assess where the users are currently; physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. During the session, the Coach will devise a map for the users desired outcome in all areas of life, and set about achieving these outcomes.
In these 1.5hour long sessions, together users will use life coaching tools to set some realistic achievable goals that will have them excited and looking forward to the future. With targets in mind, the Coach will explore creative and mindfulness exercises that are known to boost feelings of wellbeing. A focus will look at practical elements that users can use to support their wellbeing, and implement tools to support mental health. Offerings of Colour Therapy will be available to assist the users' journey, if they feel that it would benefit.
There are currently 265 users who benefit from our organisation and its services, 103 of which are male and 162 are female. An intergenerational age range who would benefit from this project.
Safety and wellbeing including mental health is covered in this initiative, making sure that everyone in the South East of Caithness has the chance to lead safe, healthy and active lives. Having users attending will not only benefit from the social and wellbeing impact, but the advantage of coming into a nice warm and cosy environment, helping to reduce their own electric and heating. Our 'linger longer' focus will be offered as part of the process.
£2,840 (the total amount available for all ideas is £32,000)
Name of organisation
Where this will take place
Dunbeath, Caithness - Users of the South East of Caithness
Why the contribution is important
Each application for this fund is to meet the criteria set out by the project Steering Group. More information about the project and the Steering Group is available here.
The idea will support the following broad theme(s) to make a difference locally:
- Safety and wellbeing - including mental health: Making sure that everyone in Caithness has the chance to lead safe, healthy, active lives.
- Poverty and inequality - including tackling cost of living, fuel poverty and transport: Reduce the harms caused by poverty and inequality, and improve dignity for anyone experiencing poverty.
How to vote
- Anyone can vote on as many or few ideas as they like
- We are using stars to cast votes and you have a maximum of five stars for each idea
- The more stars you give an idea, the more you support it
- For example, if you really like an idea and want it to receive funding, you could give it five stars
- You don't have to vote for everything but we would encourage you to explore all ideas
- The ideas that receive the most votes will be successful until all of the £32,000 is spent.
by InsightEngagement_PoliceScotland on November 09, 2022 at 05:30PM