Thurso Community Café
Summary of idea
Thurso Community Café is a Community Interest Company intended to provide support (food, emotional support) and the opportunity to volunteer to those struggling and experiencing poverty within the community. We operate a community café on ‘pay what you can’ basis, a Community Larder and our own supported volunteer programme. We also host an addiction recovery support group. Everything that we do is intended to benefit the most vulnerable in our community and the café is intended as a place which helps combat isolation as well as address food-poverty.
Watch this video to find out more.
£3,000 (the total amount available for all ideas is £32,000)
Name of organisation
Where this will take place
Why the contribution is important
Each application for this fund is to meet the criteria set out by the project Steering Group. More information about the project and the Steering Group is available here.
The idea will support the following broad theme(s) to make a difference locally:
- Safety and wellbeing - including mental health: Making sure that everyone in Caithness has the chance to lead safe, healthy, active lives.
- Poverty and inequality - including tackling cost of living, fuel poverty and transport: Reduce the harms caused by poverty and inequality, and improve dignity for anyone experiencing poverty.
How to vote
- Anyone can vote on as many or few ideas as they like
- We are using stars to cast votes and you have a maximum of five stars for each idea
- The more stars you give an idea, the more you support it
- For example, if you really like an idea and want it to receive funding, you could give it five stars
- You don't have to vote for everything but we would encourage you to explore all ideas
- The ideas that receive the most votes will be successful until all of the £32,000 is spent.
by InsightEngagement_PoliceScotland on November 09, 2022 at 06:04PM