New Pregnancy and Baby Group
Summary of idea
Delivery of a new Pregnancy and Baby Group in Thurso. It is widely recognised that what happens in the first 1,001 days of life, from pregnancy onwards, lays the foundations for physical and mental health.
Babies’ brains are developing fast and are at their most adaptable in the womb and in the early years of life. Parent-infant relationships are vitally important in this, shaping a babies’ experience of the world, giving it meaning and supporting the infant to feel safe and secure. When this doesn’t happen, research tells us that children are less likely to do well at school, have low-income jobs, suffer more with physical and mental health issues throughout their lives.
It is also extremely important to support mum, during and after pregnancy, positive mental health support and positive relationships create positive environments for everyone given everyone the best start. The aim is to give support, advice, a social outlet and a warm hub especially during winter to Expecting Mums and New Mums, Families, Babies and Children.
- Give support to improve Mental Health and Confidence
- Introduce Families, Mums and Children to Craft Activities
- Expand Home-Start network and reach more families within our community
- Maternity Discrimination, signposting how to find out their rights during and after pregnancy.
At Home-Start Caithness, we regularly help families with:
- Signposting and facilitating access to allied or specialist services
- Strengthening community networks
- Reducing stigma and social isolation
- Promoting healthy relationship development
- Increasing parents’ confidence in their parenting and personal capacities
- Building opportunities for positive interactions
- Supporting people to manage their emotions
- Modelling parenting skills.
£3,000 (the total amount available for all ideas is £32,000)
Name of organisation
Where this will take place
Why the contribution is important
Each application for this fund is to meet the criteria set out by the project Steering Group. More information about the project and the Steering Group is available here.
The idea will support the following broad theme(s) to make a difference locally:
- Poverty and inequality - including tackling cost of living, fuel poverty and transport: Reduce the harms caused by poverty and inequality, and improve dignity for anyone experiencing poverty.
How to vote
- Anyone can vote on as many or few ideas as they like
- We are using stars to cast votes and you have a maximum of five stars for each idea
- The more stars you give an idea, the more you support it
- For example, if you really like an idea and want it to receive funding, you could give it five stars
- You don't have to vote for everything but we would encourage you to explore all ideas
- The ideas that receive the most votes will be successful until all of the £32,000 is spent.
by InsightEngagement_PoliceScotland on November 09, 2022 at 06:21PM