New Gymnastics Equipment
Summary of idea
Caithness Gymnastics Club has been offering gymnastics lessons to children in the county for over 30 years. We are an entirely voluntary club and all monies raised through monthly fees are put back onto our members by way of new equipment and fun events. We keep our costs as low as possible to enable our club to be affordable and accessible to everyone.
With the rising costs of the hall hire we now find ourselves in the position whereby most money gathered by way of monthly fees is taken up paying for the gyms. This past year alone has seen our rent increase by 50%. This means that we now have less funds to spend on new and safe equipment for our members.
We are applying for funds to purchase two new mats. Gymnastics equipment is specialist and expensive. These mats will be used three times a week (12hrs) ensuring all 140 members learn gymnastics in a safe environment.
We also put on an annual show for friends, families and the wider community and these mats will ensure that we can cover the performance area. Unfortunately, due to the increase in our hall hire, we have not been able to put on a show this year but plans are underway for one in 2023. This two-night event is always well received and always a sell out.
£2,200 (the total amount available for all ideas is £32,000)
Name of organisation
Where this will take place
Why the contribution is important
Each application for this fund is to meet the criteria set out by the project Steering Group. More information about the project and the Steering Group is available here.
The idea will support the following broad theme(s) to make a difference locally:
- Safety and wellbeing - including mental health: Making sure that everyone in Caithness has the chance to lead safe, healthy, active lives.
- Poverty and inequality - including tackling cost of living, fuel poverty and transport: Reduce the harms caused by poverty and inequality, and improve dignity for anyone experiencing poverty.
How to vote
- Anyone can vote on as many or few ideas as they like
- We are using stars to cast votes and you have a maximum of five stars for each idea
- The more stars you give an idea, the more you support it
- For example, if you really like an idea and want it to receive funding, you could give it five stars
- You don't have to vote for everything but we would encourage you to explore all ideas
- The ideas that receive the most votes will be successful until all of the £32,000 is spent.
by InsightEngagement_PoliceScotland on November 09, 2022 at 05:36PM