Groatie Buckie Trail
Summary of idea
We are looking for funds so that we can extend the current fully accessible path network in John O'Groats along the shore east towards Duncansby Head. The initial path works have proved very successful, with 100's of people using it daily. It has really helped the physical and mental health and wellbeing of many many local people who can now access a beautiful walk along the shore that wasn't possible for them previously. People are coming form all areas of Caithness to use this facility and because it's wheelchair / pushchair friendly, so many people have been able to benefit. So we want to extend the path to give access to the beach area that Groatie Buckie are found, so that people can easily access this magnificent area and take part in a fun activity that costs nothing and can be enjoyed at any age young or old.
£3,000 (the total amount available for all ideas is £32,000)
Name of organisation
Where this will take place
Why the contribution is important
Each application for this fund is to meet the criteria set out by the project Steering Group. More information about the project and the Steering Group is available here.
The idea will support the following broad theme(s) to make a difference locally:
- Safety and wellbeing - including mental health: Making sure that everyone in Caithness has the chance to lead safe, healthy, active lives.
- Poverty and inequality - including tackling cost of living, fuel poverty and transport: Reduce the harms caused by poverty and inequality, and improve dignity for anyone experiencing poverty.
How to vote
- Anyone can vote on as many or few ideas as they like
- We are using stars to cast votes and you have a maximum of five stars for each idea
- The more stars you give an idea, the more you support it
- For example, if you really like an idea and want it to receive funding, you could give it five stars
- You don't have to vote for everything but we would encourage you to explore all ideas
- The ideas that receive the most votes will be successful until all of the £32,000 is spent.
by InsightEngagement_PoliceScotland on November 09, 2022 at 12:42PM